In December of last year, Henry “King of Cringe” Cejudo took to Twitter to call out UFC legend Jose Aldo in a video where he proclaimed himself to be the “King of Rio.” Cejudo’s wish has now come true as he will take on Aldo for the UFC Bantamweight Championship May 9th at UFC 250 in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Cejudo, who has been sidelined with a shoulder injury, has not not fought since June of last year.
“There’s something wrong,” Aldo told MMA Fighting when asked for his reaction to Bruce Buffer announcing a split decision. “We celebrated it as a win as soon as the third round was over.”
Luckily he can shake it off as he will get a little boost, having the home-field advantage in Sao Paulo.
Other fights on the card include:
- Women’s Bantamweight bout: Ketlen Vieira vs. Marion Reneau
- Heavyweight bout: Augusto Sakai vs. Blagoy Ivanov
- Women’s Bantamweight bout: Bethe Correia vs. Pannie Kianzad
- Heavyweight bout: Fabrício Werdum vs. Alexey Oleynik
- Light Heavyweight bout: Maurício Rua vs. Antônio Rogério Nogueira